Biographical & Personal Information
- George was born in Long Beach California
- Age 12 was performing the heavy classics
- Age 17 did a brief solo stint on trumpet with Lawrence Welk and received
a scholarship to the National Music Camp at Interlochen Michigan
- Age 19 hired as musical director for Johnny Grant's Overseas Shows. (continued
in this position for 4+ years)
- B.A degree — UCLA
- M.A degree — Los Angeles State
- M.Div.degree — Covenant Seminary in St.Louis (Presbyterian Church in
- 1965-2009 serving God as “the Piano Playing Pastor” (serving
four congregations, the longest being 27 years in San Diego)
- George and his wife Londa have two grown children and five grandchildren.
Compositions and Creations
On the creative side, beyond the piano arrangements, George has composed a salvation oratorio scored for piano and orchestra and several hymns for worship. He has also authored three books and a 10-lesson study guide on the faith and practice of the Protestant Reformation. This has been translated into Spanish and is in much demand from Christian leaders in Mexico.
His albums can be found here.
George Miladin is a an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA) and a solid preacher of the sacred Word of God.
He views playing the piano and preaching similarly. Both are communicative
gifts to bring glory to God. Preaching delivers God’s Word that hearts may
be gripped and lives changed. Playing the piano engages in making music that brings pleasure to both man and God.
George has vast preaching experience, having been pastor of three different
congregations, including New Life Presbyterian Church in La Mesa, San Diego
and the college church on Lookout Mountain, in Tennessee.
His sermons are solidly biblical and meaty, and cover most of the books of the Bible. Expository in nature, they are faithful to the text and are Christ-centered always urging the listner to find his/her comfort, strength, and hope in Jesus Christ.
Commonly, pastor Miladin is asked to link his preaching to the playing of one or more of his special hymn arrangements as recorded in his Inspiration CD.